OTHER MIRROR COATINGS
We supply mirrors with a variety of optical coatings including Gold, MaxR, Protected Aluminium, Protected Silver and thin film coatings optimised for specifc laser lines. We are happy to supply polished substrates only for coating by customers
Tips for specifying mirror coatings
- Specify the angle of incidence, wavelength(s) and polarisation.
- Very thin mirrors may distort due to tensile and compressive forces in the thin film coating layers.
- A small perimeter area will be uncoated.
- High reflectivity e.g. 99.8%+ can only be achieved over a small spectrum.
- Thin Film modelling software can allow a coating to be designed and characterised.
- Vacuum coating is a batch process. The price is fixed regardless of the quantity per batch. Small numbers can be quite expensive.