Who we are
LBP Optics is a specialist manufacturer of metal mirrors for industrial and scientific applications.
Bought by infrared optics and components manufacturer ULO Optics in 2017, we now offer a full range of laser optics and beam delivery equipment, manufactured across three sites. We also have increased manufacturing capacity, extended metrology capability, and additional technical expertise and resources.
In August 2019 LBP Optics acquired leading diamond machining specialists Symons Mirror Technology. This acquisition brings us over 30 years’ expertise in the manufacture of highly accurate optical and mechanical components with extremely demanding specifications including spherical, toroidal, off-axis parabolas, polygons and pyramid scanning mirrors.
LBP Optics has been manufacturing since 1990 and has unrivalled experience and expertise in the design, manufacture and repair of a unique range of standard and custom made mirrors.
Many of our staff have been with us for 25 years+ and we pride ourselves on giving all customers an excellent service, whatever your requirements. Our team is knowledgeable, helpful and friendly and we will do our best to meet your delivery dates on both small and large quantities.
Chemically polished to a super-smooth finish and with a range of optical coatings, our unique range of mirrors are widely used in many infrared applications, gas sensing, medical and dental lasers, high power pulsed and CW CO2 lasers, fiber lasers, laser cutting and welding systems and UV and visible reflectors.
What we do
- Excellent laser damage resistance
- Widely used in laser cutting, welding and engraving systems
- Huge range of shapes and sizes with a variety of coatings
- Manufacture of components with extremely demanding specifications
- Complex shapes such as polygons, axicons, aspheric, ellipsoid and off-axis parabolic
- Wide range of exotic materials, metals, alloys and plastics
- Excellent reflectivity in the visible, near and far infrared and THz
- Widely used with many laser applications including Er:YAG, CO2, QCLs and fiber lasers
- Chemically deposited, electroplated gold is tough and durable
- Wide range of replacement parts for laser cutting and engraving systems
- Designed, manufactured and coated to your specification
- Many standard parts in stock, obsolete parts replaced or repaired
- Standard or custom-made metal mirrors from a wide range of materials
- Chemically polished for a super-smooth finish
- Extremely accurate parts for both optical and non-optical applications
Our website can only cover a fraction of the mirrors, coatings and diamond machined components we can offer. We always welcome enquiries even for the most speculative of ideas.
We are ISO9001:2015 accredited underlining our commitment to quality and customer service. We are also active members of the Association of Industrial Laser Users (AILU) and regularly attend trade shows and exhibitions around the world. LBP Optics Ltd is fully registered on the JOSCAR supplier accreditation register.
You can verify the validity of our ISO certificate by entering our certificate number 215134 via this link: www.british-assessment.co.uk/verify
Why use us?
Decades of shop floor experience
Unrivalled technical expertise
Extensive metrology capability
Products suitable for diverse applications
Close collaboration with customers