We can supply mirrors with a variety of optical coatings including Gold, MaxR, Protected Aluminium, Protected Silver and thin film coating optimised for HeNe laser.
Tips for specifying mirror coatings
- Specify the angle of incidence, wavelength(s) and polarisation.
- Very thin mirrors may distort due to tensile and compressive forces in the thin film coating layers.
- A small perimeter area will be uncoated.
- High reflectivity e.g. 99.8%+ can only be achieved over a small spectrum.
- Thin Film modelling software can allow a coating to be designed and characterised.
- Vacuum coating is a batch process. The price is fixed regardless of the quantity per batch. Small numbers can be quite expensive.